#1 clark thompson

clark thompson

Exodus Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:48 AM

Psalms 92:1

KJV 1 IT IS A GOOD THING TO GIVE THANKS UNTO THE LORD, AND TO SING PRAISES UNTO THY NAME, O MOST HIGH:

NHEB 1 It is a good thing to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praises to your name, Most High;

These are my thoughts.

We should be giving praise always to the Lord. 

We should serve the King.

#2 clark thompson

clark thompson

Exodus Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:25 AM

Psalms 92:2
KJV 2 To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,
NHEB 2 to proclaim your loving kindness in the morning, and your faithfulness every night,

These are my thoughts.
God is so good.

#3 clark thompson

clark thompson

Exodus Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:31 AM

Psalms 92:3
KJV 3 Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp with a solemn sound.
NHEB 3 with the ten-stringed lute, with the harp, and with the melody of the lyre.

These are my thoughts.
We should praise the Lord with all we can. 

#4 Atwood

Atwood

Exodus Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:17 AM

Well Clark, keep them thoughts a comin'.

Psalms ends with an exhortation to praise the Lord with various instruments.  So I take it that if you can you should play some musical instrument to the Lord. Praise Him with cymbals or whatever.  My brother used to say that he could play the . . .

phonograph (or whatever).  Interesting that about my favorite instrument is the Band Organ (like a Merry Go Round organ); but for all the music you can find on YouTube played by Band Organ, about the only Christian hymn you can find (if indeed is a Christian hymn) is the Battle Hymn of the Republic:  Mine eyes have seen the coming of the glory of the Lord . . . .

#5 clark thompson

clark thompson

Exodus Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:31 AM

Psalm 92:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands.

New Heart English Bible

Psalms 92:4
92:4 For you, Lord , have made me glad through your work. I will triumph in the works of your hands. 

These are my thoughts.
We should be glad to do work for the Lord. 

#6 clark thompson

clark thompson

Exodus Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:49 AM

Psalms 92:5
KJV 5 O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.
Thomson 5 How great are thy works, Lord! How very deep are thy designs!.

These are my thoughts.
The Lord is great and His thoughts are so that even with all eternity we could never fully understand His thinking. 

#7 clark thompson

clark thompson

Exodus Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:39 AM

Psalms 92:6
KJV 6 A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.
NHEB 6 A senseless man doesn't know, neither does a fool understand this:

These are my thoughts.
There are many things that the world don’t pick up on but the most important to understand is making Jesus Lord. 

#8 Cueball

Cueball

Exodus Poster

• Administrators
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:59 AM

Psalms 92:6
KJV 6 A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.
NHEB 6 A senseless man doesn't know, neither does a fool understand this:

These are my thoughts.
There are many things that the world don’t pick up on but the most important to understand is making Jesus Lord. 

Indeed making the Lord Jesus Lord is important.  First we make Him LORD in the sense of YHWH, Jehovah, very God.  "Lord" in the NT may be a reference to YHWH in quoting the OT, the personal name of God, or it may refer to Christ as master, boss, Adonai, El Señor.  In approaching Jesus we need to have Him accurately defined as 2nd person of the Trinity, both God & man --- God in the sense of YHWH, Jehovah.  But then we also need to accept that He is our master & boss, Adonai.  We need a full commitment to obey the Lord in all.  However, I am convinced that it is more important to accept that the Lord Jesus is our lover -- more important than our boss, tho both are important & true.

There does seem to be some confusion over Lord as LORD (YHWH) & Lord as Adonai (boss), tho the 2nd is a logical result of the first.  But I am also convinced that to put the primary focus on the Lord Jesus as a drill sergeant giving out detailed orders to be obeyed, is an error, though it is a true duty.  We need put a higher focus on the Love of Christ which constrains us.  His love moves us to want to obey Him.

#9 clark thompson

clark thompson

Exodus Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:28 AM

Psalms 92:5
KJV 5 O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.
NHEB 5 How great are your works, LORD. Your thoughts are very deep.

These are my thoughts.
God does the best work. 

#10 clark thompson

clark thompson

Exodus Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:37 AM

Psalms 92:7
KJV 7 When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:
NHEB 7 though the wicked spring up as the grass, and all the evildoers flourish, they will be destroyed forever.

These are my thoughts.
Wickedness comes up and often times grows fast but God will one day cut it away and burn it up, the wicked need to come to Jesus. 

#11 clark thompson

clark thompson

Exodus Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

Psalms 92:7
KJV 7 When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:
NHEB 7 though the wicked spring up as the grass, and all the evildoers flourish, they will be destroyed forever.

These are my thoughts.
The world benefits those who are turned against the Lord, this is why we as Christians are strangers because we are now meant for heaven and are here to do His heavenly work.

#12 clark thompson

clark thompson

Exodus Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:50 AM

Psalms 92:8
KJV 8 But thou, LORD, art most high for evermore.
NHEB 8 But you, LORD, are on high forevermore.

These are my thoughts.
God is Lord forever and His praise will never end. 

Reply to this topic